- I read 14 nonfiction books (my goal was twelve). Three I recommend are One Thousand Gifts by Ann Voskamp, Love Does by Bob Goff, and More or Less by Jeff Shinabarger.
- In May I finished the Spanish portion of Duolingo.
- In September I learned how to can salsa with the help of my sister.
There are also lots of things that I did that were not on my list of goals.
- I finished two quilts (click here and here to see them). I also began another one.
- I read 60 books. A few of my favorites besides the nonfiction ones I mentioned above include The Rent Collector by Camron Wright, The Prayer Box by Lisa Wingate, As Waters Gone By by Cynthia Ruchti, and Secrets of a Charmed Life by Susan Meissner.
- My dad and I went on a week long vacation to northern Minnesota and Wisconsin, spending just one day in Michigan.
- The eighth annual Camp Clair was at my apartment with seven children in attendance. It was short due to schedules, number of children, and limited space, but we had a good time.
- In August I returned to the teaching job that I have had since 2002. It has been good to be back at work, though some days it seems so much busier than other years. Maybe it is, or I just became accustomed to a less hectic pace while I was studying Spanish.