Monday, June 10, 2019

east coast


I was in New England last week and here are a few of the things that I had the opportunity to see.I toured Mark Twain's house in Hartford, Connecticut.
I stopped in Springfield, Massachusetts to see these statues and a few more of Dr. Seuss characters.


The Eric Carle Museum of Picture Book Art in Amherst, Massachusetts was interesting and worth stopping to visit.  If I lived closer, I would go back from time to time.  The exhibits change (one about Peter Sis opens this week) and there is a place where you can make your own art. 
The green mountains of Vermont are beautiful.
A covered bridge in New Hampshire.
One of the many old buildings on the campus of Brown University in Providence, Rhode Island.

The view from the Cliff Walk in Newport, Rhode Island.

My favorite parts were the Mark Twain House, the Eric Carle Museum of Picture Book Art and the ocean in Rhode Island.


2 comments:

Anita said...

Looks like you had an interesting and full week of sightseeing.

Audrey said...

We are going to Newport RI One of the ports of call on our cruise in October. Also going to Boston, New Brunswick, bar harbor ME.
Etc. any suggestions for sites to not miss ...I need to do some research

A Audrey