Friday, June 28, 2019

wordless picture books

If your kids are tired of reading this summer, it might be time to change things up a little.  There are lots of wordless picture books with great stories.  Reading won't feel like a chore.  The reader tells the story instead of having to decode the words.  Books pictured above are The Girl and the Bicycle by Mark Pett, Good Dog, Carl by Alexandra Day, I Walk with Vanessa by Kerascoet, Pancakes for Breakfast by Tomie dePaola, Rainstorm by Barbara Lehman, and The Secret Box by Barbara Lehman.  A few others that my students or I really like are Hank Finds an Egg by Rebecca Dudley, The Lion and the Mouse by Jerry Pinkney, Rosie's Glasses by David Whamond and Sidewalk Flowers by JonArno Lawson.

2 comments:

Carol said...

Oh thanks for these book recommendations. What age or grade level would you say these would most likely appeal to?

Clair said...

I think any age. My third, fifth and sixth grade students liked them, also my teenage nieces and nephews liked Pancakes for Breakfast and The Girl and the Bicycle.