Teachers started school last Monday where I work, and the students begin tomorrow. A few things that I will remember about this summer...
- Scrabble. I played over thirty games with my dad, and I win more than I used to. Dad is a strategic player so watching what he did helped me improve my own game.
- Family. This year was the 19th Camp Clair. There are less campers than there used to be because people keep getting older. I helped celebrate a high school graduation and my great niece’s baptism. August included a trip to the Richmond, Virginia area to see my nephew and his wife. My niece was there part of the time, too.
- Gardening. Sometimes it was my garden, other times I did things at the farm garden.
- Travel. I ended up going to some state parks
that I do not get to very often. I also went to Bogotá, Colombia with the youth from church on a
mission trip.
the Virginia Museum of Fine Arts, the Maymont, and the fast-food chain Cookout.
- Reading. This summer I read three novels, seven non-fiction books, the Psalms and countless picture books. The novel I liked best was The Last Mapmaker by Christina Soontornvat. Not sure how to choose a favorite from the non-fiction books. Six of them are worth reading a second time.
No comments:
Post a Comment