Saturday, March 10, 2007

Ghost Writer


Ghost Writer by Rene Gutteridge is another book that I finished this week. I actually read it all in one day...this is possible when I don't have AWANA on Wednesday night and I am on a bus for a field trip with students. Maybe I like mysteries more than I realized, because this is a mystery, like the book I posted about yesterday. The story has a little bit of an eerie feeling at first because Jonathan Harper is getting an anonymous manuscript bit by bit that tells a lot about his own life. He really has no idea who is sending it to him and it makes him quite paranoid as the time goes on and on. Besides the mystery that, Harper is also dealing with family issues that he is unsure how to deal with. This does not have as many humorous moments in it like other books by Gutteridge, but she does make the story interesting and at times unpredictable.

2 comments:

Amanda Jean said...

I am not surprised that you read this in one day....she is a great author!

Melissa said...

Have they made this book into a movie? It sounds familiar..