Friday, February 6, 2009

The Yearling

Well, I am back from my break...I don't think that I got as much done as I had hoped...though I did get a baby quilt top done and I also started some baby bibs. I also attended a fair amount of high school basketball games (more girls' games than boys') and read three books-The Yearling, Marley and Me, and The Adventures of Tom Sawyer. My favorite of the three books was The Yearling by Marjorie Kinnan Rawlings. I would not classify myself as an animal lover, but this story, though lengthy, made me want to keep reading. Rawlings did a great job at developing the characters and describing the area of Florida that twelve year old Jody and his family lived. I think I don't want to watch the movie because movies are often not as good as the book. Anyone else read the book or watch the movie?

1 comment:

Anita D. said...

Haven't read it, but when our animal lover gets old enough, it might be near the top of our 'to read' list.