Monday, December 27, 2010

books

I read 58 books this year. Above is a stack of some of the good books that I read. The ones that have the titles listed below have a link to what I wrote about them after reading them.

Extra Credit by Andrew Clements

Listen by Rene Gutteridge

The Mountain Between Us by Charles Martin

Plain Jayne by Hillary Manton Lodge

Saving Sailor by Renee Riva

I don't think that I could choose just one favorite out of the books, but there is a good chance I would read any of them again.
If you like mysteries read Listen or Anathema or The Thirteenth Tale. If you like adventure, read The Voyage of the Dawn Treader or The Mountain Between Us. I had to read Poetry Matters for one of my classes this summer and would recommend it to anyone that wants to get better at writing.

What good books did you read this year?

4 comments:

Ann Yale said...

Clair, I READ SOME GREAT BOOKS THIS YEAR. ONE OF THE BEST WAS 'TRUE GRIT.'

cydney said...

Ann, True Grit is on my list to read soon-- seeing that the remake of the movie is out and realizing it came from a book.
Favorites this year? My Name is Asher Lev, The Gift of Friendship (Tolkien and Lewis), The Inklings, A Thousand Splendid Suns, The Return of the Prodigal, The Giver, Man's Search for Meaning, a reread of Reaching for the Invisible God, The Hobbit, Lord of the Rings ---oops I could go on and on!

cydney said...

P.S. Did you see The Voyage of the Dawn Treader movie yet?

cydney said...

....a quick question...looking at the books I wondered if you buy them all since you have them there to stack? Oops, are questions allowed on a BLOG?