Wednesday, June 29, 2016

overnight oatmeal

Recently I tried a new oatmeal recipe.  My sister had come across the recipe in the paper, and it is now my preferred way to have oatmeal for breakfast.  What you need is a pint jar with lid, half a cup milk, half a cup old fashioned oats, and whatever toppings you would like.  First, put the milk in the jar.  Add the oatmeal and whatever topping you would like, then cover and put in the refrigerator.  In the morning, all you have to do is take it out and eat it.  I have been putting different toppings on, if I choose raisins or bananas, I add them in the morning.  This is great since I can prepare it the night before.  The other great thing is the oatmeal does not get mushy like it could if you overcook it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you like it.
One thing I like about this is everyone can make their own. It's even easy for kids.

Melissa said...

Wow. I am going to have to try this. I've been making the instant oatmeal packets for summer breakfasts.