Tuesday, July 24, 2018

writing letters

This summer you and your children could spend some time writing letters.  Writing letters to relatives who live in another town or state will probably gain a reply.  You could also pick favorite authors and write to them.  Sending a letter to some authors will mean a return letter.  On occasion, my students have received a signed copy of an author's book.  Many author's have websites with contact information.  If you cannot find an address you could also send the letter to the publisher, who normally forwards it to the author. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is a great idea. My granddaughter is 7 and has found the joy in letter writing. I've always loved to write and receive letters from a young age. She has asked me to be her pen pal which I gladly accepted! She recently wrote the Queen of England and received a reply from her Lady in Waiting. This alone has been so fun for her. I hope it's the start of a love of letter writing.
Carol in Texas
**My google account is not letting me sign in and I cannot correct it after multiple tries; hence, the 'anonymous' identity.