Tuesday, July 30, 2019

hexagon quilt


I finished my hexagon quilt!  I started it almost five years ago and I began making the hexagons while in Guatemala.  The fabric that I took wasn't sufficient, so it was at a stand still for quite awhile.  There are a lot of hexagons, and I had to look for more fabric several times.  Now it is all quilted and bound.  It feels good to be done.  This is one of those projects that I doubt I will ever do again because it took so long and it is almost all hand work.  It is a keeper, though. 

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow! Your perseverance paid off! It is so fun! I love the bright colors.

Unknown said...

from, Melanie

Audrey said...

Very nice quilt. Lots of work and time. Thanks for sharing. I’ll try to post this... A Audrey

Anita said...

So colorful and cozy. Yes, it is a keeper.

Unknown said...

I started a latch hook rug in the 1960s and still to be finished. I figure I have 20+ years left to finish it. Can you get precut yarn anymore??

Jenny Z said...

I'm still amazed at the work in this quilt! Good job on finishing it!