Wednesday, August 29, 2007

six and a half years later

I finished my quilt. I started it in February 2001 at a Strawberry Patches when I lived in Bakersfield. I got one block done a month, finishing the blocks a year later. Then I kept the blocks and collected fabric to finish it. It was part of my summer goal to get this done. I like it and will use it on my bed. I love blue and yellow.


















I like the back a lot. And it is probably the best I have ever done on quilting. Amanda and I taped the back to the floor and then we layered it and used bent safety pins to baste it. What fun to be all done.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very nice. I like the blue too.

Doesn't it feel great to have it completed?

Amanda Jean said...

It looks fabulous! I am so glad that the quilting turned out good, too. (Makes me look less crazy for taping the back to the floor.)

I am so impressed that you finished it sunday night. I didn't see that coming. Yay you!

Deena Peterson said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Sorry about the confusion over dates...but that is the only way to keep a blog post at the top of the blog...kind of like a sticky note.

Linda said...

Your quilt is lovely! Thanks for stopping by my blog and commenting.

Amy Jo said...

Great quilt! I like the back as well!

Melissa said...

It is a very nice quilt. Like the colors.