Thursday, November 1, 2007

The Dead Don't Dance


The Dead Don't Dance is the second book by Charles Martin I have read. It is another novel by Martin where he does a good job of developing the characters. Dylan Styles is real and likable. When things started going wrong in his life, I wondered where it would take him. It was not a funny book by any means, but it does take a look at one way people can choose to deal with the heartaches they encounter in this messed up world. In some ways it is a love story, but it is much more than that. When I was looking for another book by Martin to read I discovered that he has a sequel to this book called Maggie. That is now on my list of books to get from the library.

I am enjoying the books by Charles Martin. He may soon be added to my list of favorite authors.

3 comments:

Assembly of God Worship Team said...

Oh, I thought you were talking about George Martin... I appreciate your reviews. If I ever really become a reader, I will need information like this..

Amanda Jean said...

I can't ask my usual question "did you like it?" because you must have if you are looking forward to reading the sequel. hope you had a great weekend. :)

Rel said...

Hey - thanks for dropping by my blog! If Charles isn't a favourtite by now for you pick up When Chrickets Cry - it is by far his best book and I have enjoyed all his others.

Blessings