Monday, November 23, 2009

My Life in France

My Life in France by Julia Child was a book I decided I wanted to read after watching the movie Julie and Julia. Of course, I had heard of Julia Child but didn't know much about her except what I had seen in the movie. The book tells in detail Julia's passion for cooking and the country of France. If you like all things French or you are a cook, then you would like this book. Since I don't know French, I was sometimes distracted by the use of French words. When I finished the book, I wondered what this world would be like if everyone has a passion for something, and if so, why it isn't more obvious. It also made me curious about her book, Mastering the Art of French Cooking. I am on a waiting list for it at the library, but when I get the book, I guess I will probably try to find at least one recipe that I can try. Has anyone read this book or used her cookbook?

1 comment:

cydney said...

Maybe I mentioned that I bought the book for my daughter, Sarah, who lived in France, is a French teacher and likes to cook--so it was a must for a birthday gift. I made Julia's Boeuf Bourguignon which turned out great, and will make it for Thanksgiving to kind of change our old tradition of turkey,etc.