Friday, November 27, 2009

Knitting Nell and quilt progress

Knitting Nell by Julie Jersild Roth is a picture book I read to my students this week. Even if you are not a knitter, you would probably enjoy this story. It is not the first time that I have read it, but this week it made me wish that I could knit my own sweater. Upon further thought, maybe I just want a hand knit sweater...cause I am not sure I would have the patience to knit such a big project, and it would be foolhardy to think it would be a good project to start with if I actually want to learn how to knit. My one sister crochets various things, including bags and Christmas ornaments. My other sister does knit hats, scarves, and socks. Maybe if I ask her...


My quilt progress is going fairly well. I am over half done quilting my quilt with 242 completed blocks out of 480. Hopefully I will get some more done this evening, and though I am glad with the result so far, I do NOT plan to make hand quilting a regular habit.

2 comments:

cydney said...

My mom knits and my daughter knits. Both of their names are Ruby. My sister has a mule named Ruby :) ...all this to say I have knitted a little, but this inspires me to try again if I could find an easy project. Let me know if you try it.

Melissa said...

There is a yarn shop near me that does knitting lessons, and the library has a free class....but they are during working hours or I would surely go, because I am not one that can learn from a book, need a teacher.