Friday, May 20, 2011

The Veggie Gardener's Answer Book

The Veggie Gardener's Answer Book by Barbara W. Ellis is a book I have been looking at this week. There are several parts that are general in nature at the beginning-how to prepare your garden spot and composting are two of them. There is a question and answer section about specific vegetables. At the end of the book, she has suggestions of how many plants you need per person for each kind of vegetable. This is a book that would be helpful to beginning gardeners like me, but seasoned gardeners may also learn something from it. I found it at the library and may have to renew it so I can keep it an additional three weeks.

2 comments:

Anita D. said...

Very timely.

My current question about gardening is how to plant a garden while watching a 9-month-old and a 3-year-old. My attempt this week was futile. (I only got some of the prep done. No seeds in the ground.) I think much of the gardening this year is going to happen when the boys are sleeping.

cydney said...

This is the only garden book I own, so was glad to see it here. I used it a lot these past few growing seasons. It is concise, small and well organized.