Tuesday, February 3, 2015

another view of Guatemala

The last couple of days I have been relaxing near Lago Atitlan.  After living in Quetzaltenango for five months, it feels good to be somewhere that I can enjoy being outside.  Sunday afternoon I spent a lot of time down by the lakeshore.  Yesterday I went to the Atitlan Nature Reserve and saw butterflies, a few spider monkeys and some coati.  Choco bananas are a treat I have been eating, they are almost as good as ice cream but healthier.  Today I went to three of the different villages around the lake.  Each village is a little different, but one thing that they all had in common was a lot of vendors trying to sell things to the tourists.  The picture of the church was taken in Santiago Atitlan.
It is good to see another part of Guatemala before heading home.  Next stop, Antigua.  More tourist activities and spending time with Aunt Betty and Uncle Harold.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It sounds like you are savoring your last days there.

We're looking forward to seeing you soon.