Monday, October 19, 2015

scavenger hunt


The other day ten of my family members and I went to a nature park reserve when we had the day off school.  It being a nature park, I planned a scavenger hunt.  The list was not long or complicated and included the following things:
  • something smooth
  • something that looks like the letter l
  • 2 kinds of seeds
  • 5 different types of leaves
  • tree bark
  • something black 
  • a piece of trash
  • a circle rock
  • something rough
  • a stick the length of your foot
  • something alive
  • an acorn
  • a picture of your team
  • a funny shaped stick
In teams of three (one adult and two children), they had twenty minutes to find everything.  When they all returned, we shared our results.  The picture above was from one team, and another team actually found a worm for their living item.  I enjoyed seeing the variety and everyone enjoyed the activity.  Now I am thinking of ways I could incorporate a scavenger hunt into my English classes. 

FYI-the picture is of my farmer brother and my two nieces.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That was a fun day. Thanks for organizing it.