Monday, October 26, 2015

book club or quilt club?

This weekend, my book club and I got together to quilt.  One of our members teaches at quilt retreats.  When she suggested that the group spend the weekend at her house for a quilt retreat, everyone thought it was a great idea.  The eight of us  spent Friday evening and Saturday working on our disappearing four patch quilt squares.  I learned a few things about cutting fabric and enjoyed working on this with others around.  It was interesting to see everyone's color choices and how it can make something look so different.  Though I only got seven sewn on Saturday, I was able to spend time on it yesterday at home.  The blocks take a bit more time than I expected, but I do like how they look when completed.  This is now on my list of things I want to finish in 2015.  

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a good time.

Keep going. You have the makings of a pretty quilt.

Weaveron Textile said...

this quilts is so pretty.