Thursday, December 31, 2015

2015

2015 is done.  I met some of my goals for this year.
  • I read 14 nonfiction books (my goal was twelve).  Three I recommend are One Thousand Gifts by Ann Voskamp, Love Does by Bob Goff, and More or Less by Jeff Shinabarger.  
  • In May I finished the Spanish portion of Duolingo.  
  • In September I learned how to can salsa with the help of my sister.  
My hexagon quilt is not finished...it does not have much more completed than I had in January.  I could have completed, but like a few of my other quilt projects, it seemed like it was okay to set it aside for a bit.

There are also lots of things that I did that were not on my list of goals.
  • I finished two quilts (click here and here to see them).  I also began another one
  • I read 60 books.  A few of my favorites besides the nonfiction ones I mentioned above include The Rent Collector by Camron Wright, The Prayer Box by Lisa Wingate,  As Waters Gone By by Cynthia Ruchti, and Secrets of a Charmed Life by Susan Meissner.
  • My dad and I went on a week long vacation to northern Minnesota and Wisconsin, spending just one day in Michigan.
  • The eighth annual Camp Clair was at my apartment with seven children in attendance.  It was short due to schedules, number of children, and limited space, but we had a good time.
  • In August I returned to the teaching job that I have had since 2002.  It has been good to be back at work, though some days it seems so much busier than other years.  Maybe it is, or I just became accustomed to a less hectic pace while I was studying Spanish.
What did you do in 2015? 

No comments: