Thursday, March 27, 2008

Blue Heart Blessed

This is Susan Meissner's newest book. I read it in one Saturday (my sister cannot believe I do this, but I live alone.) Daisy was jilted by her fiance ten days before their planned wedding. This has caused some good things and bad things...she now runs a shop called Something Blue in Minneapolis, but she also is wondering why it happened. I enjoyed this story because of the characters- most of whom live in the same apartment building Daisy lives in with her friends-Max, Rosalina and Mario, Father Laurent, her aunt, and her mother. It is also fun to read a book that references places I have been to or are familiar with (parts of the Twin Cities). This story is much more lighthearted book than many of Meissner's other books, which I was glad about. In fact, if you like this book you could also look at Meissner's blog about the book at Blue Heart Blessed.

1 comment:

Amanda Jean said...

I think I will have to add this to my list of books to read. it sounds good. It would probably take me more than a day, though.