Wednesday, April 8, 2009

A Tip a Day with Ellie Kay

A Tip a Day with Ellie Kay is a book that has lots of money saving tips. It has all the categories that you would find in any book about saving money-coupons, insurance, entertainment, banking, transportation, education, home, clothes, furniture, appliances, and electronics. It has three categories that you don't see in every book about saving money-helping kids learn about saving money, relationships (with your spouse), and making a difference in the world. I would not have thought about some of those things, but Ellie feels like people should not just save money, but find a way to use that to help others. The tips in the book were brief, and if a person picked up this book, it would be easy to find the tips because they are well organized. What is one way that you have chosen to be frugal?

5 comments:

Melissa said...

Besides eating at home more and taking my lunch to work... I gave up Netflix and now rent movies from the library -- its free, they have a good selection and more new releases. I can even request them online.

Anita D. said...

Shop thrift stores on half price days :)

Amanda Jean said...

i gave up fabric shopping temporarily. that saves me LOTS of money.

cydney said...

christssMy tip is a life philosophy more than a single tip (But I do use lots of those too!)
Remembering always that the real joy in life does not come from 'things,but from God, people, nature etc. These things cost nothing.

cydney said...

(Amendment to last blog.......) Since my computer directions are in French --thanks Sarah-- my comments are a mess. How did my password get in there?.......sorry!Plus no spellcheck!?