Monday, November 30, 2015

Lassie Come-Home

Lassie Come-Home by Eric Knight is a book I read over the weekend.  Set in England, this book is about the devotion a dog has for it's owner.  Lassie's family sells their dog to a rich neighbor during hard times.  Repeatedly, Lassie escapes so she can meet Joe, her former master, at the end of the school day.  The neighbor is frustrated by this, and decides to move his dog to Scotland.  It seems to be a wise choice, but Lassie is determined to meet Joe at the end of the day as usual.  So she gets away and undertakes a ardous journey to be reunited with the family she loves.  This book would be good for older elementary students who like animals.  If I still taught fourth grade, it would be good for a read aloud for my class.  Now that I have read the book, I am interested to see how the book compares with the television show.

No comments: