Monday, December 31, 2018

books worth reading

This year I finished reading 55 books.  Here are a few that I would recommend reading.

  • Runaway Saint by Lisa Samson-I read this novel for the second time this spring and was glad that I did.
  • The More of Less by Joshua Becker-If you want to live a more intentional life, this is probably for you. 
  • Gentle Ben by Walt Morey-A novel that I will likely read again some day.  Next time I make personalized reading lists for my family, it will be on my nephews' lists.
  • The Rent Collector by Camron Wright-My book club read this one and enjoyed it...lots to think about regarding povety and literacy.  I first read it three years ago and it was worth a second read.
  • Redeeming How We Talk by Ken Wytsma and A. J. Swoboda-Everyone is willing to talk and share opinions.  These authors talk about why what we say is important.  It would make a good book to read with a friend and discuss.
  • Love Lives Here by Maria Goff -If you have read Love Does by Bob Goff, you would likely enjoy this one as well.  Maria and Bob sure make me think a lot more about how to love people well.   
  • Send Down the Rain by Charles Martin -Martin has woven another story worth reading and probably rereading. He does such a great job at creating characters and developing a story that is full of surprises.

2 comments:

Anita said...

More books to add to my growing to-read list.

Amanda Jean said...

Your 55 books read is quite reasonable! Good fo you! I read love lives here twice and I am letting my friend Nancy read it. It’s one to re-visit again and again, I think.