Friday, February 1, 2008

I Love to Read

Okay, that much is obvious by my blog, but it is I love to read month at school. I like I love to read month because it is all about reading. At school we started the day by the whole student body going to the gyms and spending twenty minutes reading. I could start every morning like that without a problem. In fact, when I taught fourth grade in California, our first fifteen to twenty minutes was our silent reading time.
So now I have a challenge for you. Read 10 pages a day from any book. If you do that, you would be able to finish a medium length book in the month of February. The second challenge is for those of you with children. Read to them each day for 10 minutes.
My personal challenge is to read at least one children's book in Spanish each day. It is one thing I do to improve my reading skills in Spanish each year while I am encouraging my students to improve their reading skills in English.

3 comments:

Melissa said...

Tyler has to read 400 pages a month -- we try to read 20 minutes 5 days of the week. Many of the teachers out here require 15-20 minutes a day -- this is the first year that "pages" are required. I think I like minutes better.

Last weekend it was a rainy weekend and I read 3 books in 3 days -- amazing!!

Melissa said...

PS -- have you read the book called "The Secret" by Rhonda Bryne and if so what are your thoughts?

Aimee said...

I need to read to my little children more....life is been busier than normal recently and unfortunately our times of reading then go by the wayside. Thanks for keeping it simple...I can do 10 minutes!! :)