Monday, February 11, 2008

The Prairie Girl's Guide to Life

The Prairie Girl's Guide to Life by Jennifer Worick is the latest book I finished reading. There are directions on how to do a variety of things at home or around the home or farm. It includes five categories of activities according to location-the kitchen, the bathroom, the bedroom, the parlor, and the barn and beyond. The directions are not lengthy for any of the projects, so if you are unfamiliar with the task, it might not be explicit enough. Other projects seemed to be explained in enough detail for an average person to understand. A few examples of the projects included are making dandelion greens, embroider towels, braid a rag rug, learn to waltz, and pan for gold. This book would be good gift for anyone who is interested in homemade things or anyone that loved the Little House in the Prairie series. There are a few thing that I would think about trying- make a brine turkey, braid a rag rug and make & use rag curlers. There are also things that I do not want to try-ice fishing and grooming a horse.


5 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Sounds like fun! Maybe we ladies would learn how spoiled we are now? hee hee hee!

Thanks for the comment on my blog!!

Amanda Jean said...

your post made me laugh. you mean you don't want to learn how to groom horses??? or ice fish??? I can't imagine. ;)

Jennifer Worick said...

I am so glad you are enjoying the book! Believe me, I'd rather be practicing the art of courtship or knitting over ice fishing any day!

Anonymous said...

I think you should try the rag curlers.
And take a picture, please.

oblivious prattle said...

i'd like to learn how to use rag horse groomers...or is it groom ice fishers? um...i think i'll stick to reading good...haha...j/k clair-i-aire...