Friday, February 22, 2008

Sky Blue

Sky Blue by Travis Thrasher was a book that surprised me. I have read a few other books by Thrasher and this seemed to be written in a different style. As I was reading, I almost gave up...even when I was two thirds through. It is worth reading to the end.
It is the story of Colin Scott set in the present day, primarily Chicago. He is an agent in the publishing world, and his world seems to be slowly crumbling. It doesn't continue to just crumble, though, but fall apart and he doesn't deal well with the difficulties. I would recommend it and I think that because of the unpredictable nature of the book a book club might have fun discussing it.

1 comment:

Amanda Jean said...

I'm a bit surprised that you have a hard time following through with an entire book. I am stuck on scoop. I wonder why my attention span on books has gone down the drain. any ideas?